Sunday, November 18, 2018

Thanksgiving Poems

     After wonderful discussions on all that we are thankful for, both the "Budding" and "Awesome" classes were guided through focusing on the five senses and writing a poem that showed all of the important things they are thankful for.  Enjoy these samples!

Thank you 
for all my hands can hold--
sweet candy,
teddy bear stuffy,
my kittens,
my little brother,
and sparkly pens.

Thank you
for all my eyes can see--
my hands,
Disneyland,
my hair,
my school,
and my toys.

Thank you 
for all my ears can hear--
funny jokes,
wind moving,
hummingbirds,
kids playing,
and my iPad.

by Katherine (1st grade)


Thank you
for all my hands can hold--
pandas soft,
blankets warm,
delicate flowers,
soft covered books,
and my family's heart.

Thank you
for all my eyes can see--
unique family,
a clean environment,
glorious bible,
gigantic waves crashing to the shore,
and inspiring teachers.

Thank you
for all my ears can hear--
my family's great laughter,
an enthusiastic "I love you!"
unique birds singing in the dead of night,
the laughter of my friends,
and my sister singing nice and softly.

by Carissa (2nd grade)


Thank you 
for all my hands can hold--
in my bed
with stories told
parent hugs
all warm and tight
drawing and sketching
in the light.

Thank you 
for all my eyes can see--
leafy beds
dancing in the breeze
cotton candy
floating in the sky
pretty flower beds
birds that fly.

Thank you
for all my ears can hear--
rustling trees
sounds in my ear
water trickling
my mother calling me
sparrows singing
chatter of my family.

by Jennifer, 5th grade

Claire (4th grade) went the extra mile and focused on ALL FIVE SENSES in this beautiful poem!

Thank you 
For all my hands can hold-
Ice cubes cold,
My mother's hand
So warm and nice
The falling leaves
A blanket to mice.

Thank you
For all my eyes can see-
Exquisite bluebells
Wind and sea,
My father's face
So kind and old
The stories which
My grandma told.

Thank you 
For all my ears can hear-
Blowing breezes
At the end of the year
My grandpa's voice
So loud and sweet
Swirling footsteps
As my family meets.

Thank you 
For all my nose can smell-
Baking cookies
That taste so swell
The morning dew
So fresh and clear
My nanny's mushrooms
When they're near.

Thank you
For all my tongue can taste-
Delicious muffins
Baked in haste
Steaming white rice
My favorite kind
Rows of sushi
Neatly lined.

No comments:

Post a Comment