Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Pumpkin Draw!

 The "Budding Authors and Artists"had a different game to play.  This game will prepare them well for "Monster Draw" in the future!  In "Pumpkin Draw," the students started out with drawing pictures, of course.  Then, they used fill-in-the-blank prompts to make sentences to describe their pictures with lots and lots of adjectives!  (All my students learn very early how important adjectives are in excellent, vivid writing!). We taped pictures up on the wall, and as I read the descriptions, students had to guess which picture I was reading about.  Of course, being such excellent young authors, the pictures were easy to spot, because the writing was so clear!

Enjoy these samples, and we hope you had a Happy Halloween!


Samit's Pumpkin (2nd grade)

        My pumpkin is heart-shaped, orange, and blue.  It has two yellow triangular eyes.  I don't have a nose for my pumpkin though.  It has two tiny triangular teeth.  It has a small, yellow, and fangy mouth.  On top of its head, it has a triangular orange stem.  There is a dark blue sky.  I think my pumpkin is amazing.


Vihaan's Pumpkin (2nd grade)
        My pumpkin is funny looking and enormous.  It has two tiny yellow oval eyes.  It has one oddly shaped tiny yellow mouth and twenty-three tiny triangular black teeth.  It sits on green grass with the blue sky.  I think my pumpkin is enormously silly.




No comments:

Post a Comment