Wednesday, December 6, 2023

A Wish List for Others

  This is typically a time of year for kids to make wish lists and focus on what they want.  So, I like challenging them at this time of year to see if they can think of others in need, and write a wish list on their behalf.  My students had no problem thinking of others in need in their communities and the world.  Enjoy these sweet samples!


Dear Heavenly Father,

        I am writing this letter for the homeless population, who needs any type of warm shelter.  They need this because they are out there in the harsh environment struggling to survive the scary and deadly world.  If you gave them this, they will have shelter and food, and they will feel awesome!  

        Thank you so much, Heavenly Father.  I love you!

                                                            Matthew (3rd grade)




Dear God,

        I am writing for the people who are ill or hurt, or are in need of treatment or medication.  These people need these things if they cannot afford them, or are just in need of help for their health.  If these people got these things, they could be much healthier and live an easier, longer life.

        Thank you so much God.  If you can give the injured these things, I would appreciate it!

                                                                    Emma (3rd grade)



Dear Santa,

        I am writing this letter for Riley and Skylar, who need 2,000 Legos!  They need this because they want to make a 1,000 foot floor out of Legos!  If you gave them this, they would be so happy.  

        Thank you so much Santa.  I love you!

                                                                            Gavin (1st grade)


Dear Mom,

        I am writing this letter for Evie, who needs a pet snake.  She needs this because she loves snakes.  If you give her this, she would love it! 

        Thank you so much, Mom.  I love you!

                                                                    Summer (1st grade)

(I'm not sure Evie's mom will agree with this request, but I do think Summer has a sweet heart for thinking of her!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment