Monday, February 20, 2023

Powerful Paragraphs!

 After we mastered strong sentence writing, we moved on to paragraph writing.  The goal was to vary our sentence styles to make every sentence interesting to read.  As you read these paragraphs, you'll notice that no two sentences have the same pattern, word length, or start style.   Topic options varied, as there were ten choices of topics kids would be interested in, from:

~ building a snowman

~the best kind of weather

~ the yuckiest food

~ a favorite class

~ the best holiday

~ my least favorite chore

And more!

Enjoy these samples!  (More to come as more work gets turned in!)


The Worst Chore, by Connor (4th grade)

        Folding clothes is boring and dreadful.  It requires me to go slowly and be careful.  In the morning, when I have to fold clothes, I feel super tired.  Because folding clothes is so boring, I try to do it carefully, but as quickly as I can.  When I am done, I shove my clothes in my drawer.  Clearly, folding clothes is the worst possible chore ever!


        My Least Favorite Chore, by Natalie (4th grade)

        Cleaning my room gives me a horrible, tingling sensation as my mom yells at me to hurry up and finish cleaning THAT corner.  "Oh, the pain!" I said, as I groan and moan as all the dirty clothes and things in my closet fall out on top of me.  Because the stink was too much for me, I quickly tried to shove the dirty clothes and the unidentifiable, dusty things back into the closet.  Oh, when will this suffering end?  I slowly slumped back on to my moldy chair as I stared at the piles of junk.  Incredibly, I managed to haul four toys off my unmade bed.  When I finally finished this hard ordeal after severeal hours, I fainted on my hard wooden floor.




No comments:

Post a Comment