Saturday, December 17, 2022

Thanksgiving Thoughts

 "Thanksgiving Thoughts" was a fun, fill-in-the-blank assignment my "Budding Authors and Artists" did right before Thanksgiving.  It was wonderful to see the thoughts of my young students as they pondered what Thanksgiving meant to them.  

Here is Zachary's (2nd grade) essay:

        Thanksgiving is a thankful and wonderful holiday.  It is in the month of November.  Thanksgiving is about thanking, being grateful, and getting together as a family.

        I like Thanksgiving Day because my family and I get together with my whole family and sometimes go on vacation.  We are also thankful and grateful.

        Here is a list of things I am most thankful for, and why:

1. My family- They make me feel loved.

2. My house- It makes me feel warm and safe.

3. My friends- They make me happy.

4. My teachers- They help me learn.

5. God- He made me.

6. Math- It helps me learn.

7. School- I get together with my friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment