Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Persuasive Writing: Happy Father's Day!

 We showed the dads some love as we worked hard learning how to write organized essays that persuaded our readers that OUR Dad was the best!  Outlining is such an important skill to have.  If students can outline, they can quickly turn their outline, which is in notes form, into an organized essay.  Our outlines for this project looked like this:

I. Intro: Thesis (Something like, "My dad is the greatest dad in the world.")

        A. Reason #1 

        B. Reason #2

        C. Reason #3

II. Reason #1 with evidence

III. Reason #2 with evidence

IV. Reason #3 with evidence

V. Conclusion- a very persuasive sentence to end the writing


    I was told all dads LOVED their essay gifts.  Tyler (rising 7th grader) offered to share his letter with the world!

    The Best Dad Ever

    I am so lucky to have such a loving dad.  For example, he coaches my baseball team.  My dad also plays with me and jokes around with me.  Everyone should have a dad like mine.

    My dad has been coaching my team since I was five.  He helps me get better so I can reach my goals.  My dad also asks me if I want to practice.  He also asks me if I need new batting gloves and other equipment.  All of this will help me to make it to the Major Leagues one day.

    My dad also plays with me.  He sometimes plays video games with me when he gets home from work.  My dad also plays board games with me.  He wants to spend time with me by playing with me.  This makes me feel happy.

    My dad also makes me laugh.  He does this because he loves making me happy.  My dad also chooses movies for us to watch together.  I love it so much when my dad makes me laugh and smile.

    Clearly, my dad is the best I could ask for.


No comments:

Post a Comment