Monday, November 6, 2017

Halloween Costume Draw Game!

The "Budding" Authors and Artists celebrated Halloween with a writing game.  First, they drew a picture of themselves in their Halloween costume.  Next, they wrote 4-5 sentences describing their costumes in clear detail.  On the second day, I pinned all of the pictures on the white board and read their descriptions to the class.  We had 100% correct guesses this year, which signified that the students wrote REALLY clearly and descriptively!  Here are a couple for you to enjoy:

The Emoji Face, by Kyler (1st grade)
     My costume has a small emoji face.  It also has cool black glasses.  I'll also be wearing orange pants.  My favorite part about my costume is the glasses because they are cool.  My costume is funny!

The Night of the Munchkin, by Colton (2nd grade)
     My costume has red, green, and orange colors.  It also has an orange wig with two bald spots.  I'll be wearing elf shoes that are black and curly.  My favorite part about my costume is my big lollipop in my hand.  My costume is very old!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment