Monday, October 1, 2012

Summer Memories

The first assignment the Budding Authors and Artists class got to complete was to make a mini book called "Summer Memories."  They designed a cover, and also completed four pages with sentence starters.  Here are some of my favorites!

"The best thing I did this summer was...."

By Cody, 3rd grade: 
My best part of summer was going to the Jersey Shore.  I liked that because I went boogie boarding and deep sea fishing.  I also went to the Boardwalk and won my ninth jackpot in four years.


By Florence, 2nd grade: 
My best was going to London and visiting my best friends.  I went to a gymnastics camp.  It was fun!   I went to my best friend's birthday.


 "The worst thing about summer was...."

by Adeline, 2nd grade
I stood on hundreds of sand crabs, thinking they were pebbles.

By Joel, 2nd grade: 
In LGS camp, my worst part was Zoomba.  I had to dance.

"The most surprising thing that happened was..."

By Alexandria, 1st grade: 
I got baby kittens.  It was very surprising.  They were black and white but had different designs.

By Clarke, 3rd grade: 
when I fell off a raft at a lake.  The cold water was very surprising.  I was house boating with my family.


"The funniest thing that happened was...."

By Jerry, 3rd grade: 
when I thought a mosquito was on me, until I figured out it was just my brother.

By Sammie, 1st grade: 
when I went swimming at the swimming pool and I caught the ball in mid air.





1 comment: