Sunday, March 6, 2016

New Year's Resolutions

My New Year's Resolution is to not get so behind on this blog!!
     The Budding Authors and Artists read a poem about New Years, and we followed it with a writing assignment about New Years Resolutions.  The goals the children set for themselves were fabulous, but listing the goals were not enough.  They had to write about WHY those resolutions were important to follow through on, and what would happen if they succeeded.  Enjoy these samples!

     My New Year's Resolutions are to not watch that much TV, and follow directions.  This is important because I want to follow directions, and my mom won't be happy if I don't.  Ii don't want to watch TV that much, because it's bad for my brain!  If I do these things, I will get more time to spend with my family, and I will be a good student!
~Kalea, 1st grade

     My New Year's Resolution is to be better at math than I am now.  I think I need to work on subtraction.  I make mistakes like 20-15=? but I am going to work hard on it.  This is important because I want to have a great year.  If I do this, I will get better and better and maybe become a math teacher!
~Rose Anne, 2nd grade

     My New Year's Resolution is to not get mad every time I lose a game, not be very bad to my brother, and to do more push-ups.  This is important because I don't want to have a fit.  If I do these things, God will be very grateful, and my brother will love me, and I will get really strong.
~Andrew, 2nd grade


No comments:

Post a Comment