Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Riddle Poems!

Our lesson on poetry included time spent on Rhyme Scheme.  Riddle poems are a fun way for students to warm up to poetry with a simple AABB rhyme scheme, four line poem.  They are creative and entertaining!  Here are some great ones:

Her fur is silky and long
Her purr is like a perfect song
She meows and she is young
She cleans herself with her tongue.


Who is she?
(Answer: My kitten)
By Roya (entering 4th grade)

Everyone hates little green me
I look like a mini tree.
I am a cooked vegetable
Everyone looks past me on the kitchen table.


Who am I?
(Answer: Broccoli)
By Amy (entering 6th grade)

I am a monster big and blue
Cookies run when I stroll through
I devour them one by one
When I eat, I have a lot of fun.


Who am I?
(Answer: Cookie Monster)
By Amy (entering 6th grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment