Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Color Poems

 I love this assignment.  Poetry is such a beautiful form of expression!  Enjoy how each of these students perceive color in their lives, and how they express feelings and imagery through poetic tools!


My Color Poem, by Mira (4th grade)


White is the color of paper waiting to be seen, the soft fall of snow with a breeze,

White is the color of a polar bear’s fur, and the bright moon when you start to say “Brr!” White is the color of my front door, and the counter and the walls, but not the floor. 


Orange is the color of pumpkins sitting in the store, and the feeling of fire and heat

Orange is ripe persimmons on trees, the glow of the fireplace as you enter the house

Orange is the lumpy carrot stuck as your snowman’s nose alongside your parents decor.


Yellow is the burst of the hot sun that ripens the mangos until they are done, 

Yellow is the flash of a buzzing bee, the feeling of joy and happiness to me,

Yellow makes me bounce and I feel strong and proud,

Yellow is the lights around a dark green Christmas tree.


Green is a young leaf’s first stage, next to the Evergreen trees,

Green is the burst of the very bright grass, by the river where the seaweed grows,

Green is the excitement when the traffic light turns green, 

Green is the feeling of growth and calm, a quiet and peaceful place to be.


Blue is the sadness that you hope will leave, the waves and the ocean breeze,

Blue is the sky that hovers above, and what you see when a  bluebird chirps,

Blue is the light  from your computer, but the feeling of freedom and kindness.



My Color Poem, by Chelsea (4th grade)


The color violet is like the flower

Or the grapes your mother gives you for a sweet snack.

Violet is the color of my friend's front door

Standing there so vibrantly.


The color yellow is the color of the

Soft warm sand in summer,

Also the bright sun, warm and happy.

Even the color of the banana I ate this morning!


The color blue is like the ocean.

Its water salty and definitely not tasty!

Also the color of the bright blue sky,

Or the small lake that shines in the morning.

When the sun shines, it reflects bright light

On the small blue stream.


The color green is the tree swaying in the warm breeze.

Also, the grass dripping on wet dew,

Or vines you find the in the jungle

Blocking your path dangling from the top.


The color orange is like the fruit dripping sweet juice to the floor,

Also the color of the Cheetohs I ate at lunch

Making my fingers orange!

Even the color of a poppy!



My Color Poem, by Aarushi (4th grade)


The color aqua is like the ocean waves, splashing the shore.
Aqua is the color of the sky.
It's like the clouds and skies were meant to be.

The color lilac is the most exquisite flower.
Like the breeze of spring.
Lilac is the color of dawn.

The color rose is the most relaxing to be seen.
It's like perfume on a dresser.
Rose is a chocolate wrapped in foil,
Wrapped in its blanket
Like on winter days, drinking hot chocolate.

Peach is the color of peaches,
As I bite into peaches, they crunch
like heavy boots stepping in snow
Peach is the color of bubblegum.
A the bubble forms on my lips, it POPS!
When I let go.

Silver is the color of earrings.
The earrings glimmer as they swing back and forth.
Silver is the color of metal
Metal reminds me of the screws on my door.


My Color Poem, by Acey (4th grade)

The color grey is shadows
Or thunder, waiting to strike.
Grey smells like danger
Grey is the color of my blanket.

The color light blue is the sky
Or the color of my pencil.
Light blue is the color of the ocean.
Light blue is my favorite color.

Peach is the color of bubblegum.
Peach is the fruit
Or even the color of my pencil.
Peach is the color of my favorite shirt.

White is the color of the clouds.
White is snow falling
Or vanilla ice cream, "Sluuuurp!"

Violet is the color of Mrs. Huff's pen,
Violet smells like flowers.
Violet is a sweet story
Which takes me in.



My Color Poem, by Laila (5th grade)

The color blue means the ocean swaying, dancing
across the sand.
Blue is like a butterfly, wings outstretched ready
for flight.
Blue is the last piece of sweet blueberry pie.

Lemons are yellow, tart and sour
Yellow is the tips of leaves like the sun rising against the grass.
The color yellow is the pencil in my hand spreading
its lead across the page.

The color brown is my eyes, blinking and absorbing
my world.
Brown is the soil helping plans grow strong
and fierce.
Brown is the carmel oozing out of my chocolate
bar, deicious and warm.

Red is the color of cartoon hearts spread
across a page.
Red are the raspberries that sweeten my mouth
The color red is my knitted sweater, weaving
in and out.


My Color Poem, by Ben (6th grade)

The color brown is reminiscent of a
hyper active child.
Friendly at times, yet still astoundingly obnoxious,
It's the invigorating smell of leaves coming down
Or a refreshing piece of chewy, rich caramel.

The color blue is the calm before the storm
The never-ending oceans of the world gone round,
It's like a ballerina spinning round and round
Or the one and only great blue sky.

The color red, bearing the bad news, is a
huge, dense rock, weighing you down.
Maybe a cloud fogging up your mind,
Red is the CRUNCH coming out of a juicy
plump strawberry
Or maybe the first CRACK, coming from a
dark red apple.

Yellow, a man of ambiguity, whose intentions
never become known.
The intermediate step from green to red,
Like the lively lights on a busy intersection
Or the sun's healing rays, harmful and yet
warm and cozy in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment