Friday, November 3, 2017

Backwards Animal Adventure Stories

     Our last assignment involving our amazing backwards animals came in the form of a creative style for the "Awesome" students.  The students story mapped a simple "Beginning/Middle/End" story map and told imaginative tales about encountering the creature they had carefully created in their imaginations.  Enjoy these samples!

My Champion Ekans, by Alena (3rd grade)
      I was in my yard on a stormy day.  I saw the Ekans.  It looked sad, so I gave it some fruit, flowers, and orange juice.   Then I took it inside.  I warmed it by putting a cozy pink blanket on it.

     Next, I dried it off.  I gave it more food, and it took a nap.

     Two days later, I signed it up for ballet.  It saw the Enarc Denworc Nacifra at Ballet class.  It had so much fun that it kept on going. 

      I eventually gave it a home in my back yard.  I adopted it, and gave it food every day.  It even had a spot at the dinner table.  It got so graceful.  It danced so much!

     One day, the Ekans came home.  It told me it would compete on a ballet team with the Enarc Denworc Nacifra on Saturday!

     When it was Saturday, I went to the show.  The Ekans won with her friend!  My Ekans came home with three gold medals, and one gold trophy.  I put it on my shelf.  My Ekans and I had fun together.


The Day I Met (and Tried to Recognize) an Arbez, by Amelia (4th grade)
     About a year ago, I was in Hawaii.  It was a bright sunny June afternoon, and I was scuba diving for the first time ever.  I was passing a school of beautiful rainbow fish when something very remarkable happened.   I was ambushed!  (Well, not really, but I was constricted by this scaly eel creature with a beak.  It's pretty much the same, right?)

     At first, I just saw it from far away.  I freaked out and started swimming back as fast as I could.  But this animal was faster than I was, so in a few seconds, I found myself wrapped tightly in the creature's scaly tail.  "Let me go!" I screamed frantically.  Not that I thought it would obey me, but still, who knows?  

     To my utter amazement, I felt oxygen coming back to me.  The animal had brought me to the surface of the ocean and unraveled itself!  Now free, I saw away as fast as my legs would carry me to tell my friend Zoe.

     Surprisingly, Zoe burst into laughter as soon as I finished telling her what I had witnessed.  "What?" I asked, confused.

     "You just swam away from the most endangered animal ever, the Arbez," she replied after hiccuping herself back to seriousness.  "Endangered, but not dangerous.  They just like playing with humans."

     "Oh," I said.

     I wasn't exactly embarrassed, just disappointed that I hadn't taken a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment